Saturday, July 12, 2014

Weekly Market Reivew HSI

I started to look at HSI this month to diversify, especially when N225 is having such a low volatility.  While I have written in this post that HSI is not as attractive as K200 (and N225), it nevertheless is another popular Asia index that I can trade in Asia hours.

HSI closed at 23,233.45 on Friday, 11-Jul-2014, lost 312.91 (1.33%) over the last 5 trading days.




HSI seems to be also in a period of low volatility, unfortunately.  The daily and weekly movement this month to date is rather small.

HSI Options Open Interest (OI) is very small as compare to N225 or K200 for future months, even for current+1 month (August).  You only see OI >1K contracts in July.




For K200, you can easily get >1K contracts in OI even for further month like September.


This might be a challenge for me as I don't usually trade the current month.  Will assess for 1 month.

No comments:

Post a Comment